Driver-drills have really helped people accomplish numerous tasks of different applications. They have really evolved from an average drill to a more updated tool that meets the modern contracting needs. Dewalt 20v and Makita 18v are among the best driver-drills that many people prefer using due to their interesting features. However, the question is which is the best product between the two? Hence, that’s where this product comparison review comes in to help you determine the best product between the two.
The Dewalt 20v is one of the best driver-drills in the market and it comes with an impact driver combo kit and a Lithium-ion brushless compact hammerdrill. The full kit includes: Contractor bag, 1 Bit holder, 2 belt hooks, fast charger, two 20vault maximum XR Compact Li-ion batteries (2.0Ah), 1 DCF886 ¼” Impact Driver and 1 DCD795 1/2″ Hammerdrill. Both the impact driver and hammerdrill include LED lights that illuminates the working area and dark confined areas with a 20 second delay trigger. In addition, this tool has one-handed loading 1/4” hex chuck that accepts 1” bit tips. The impact driver comes with a compact design of 5.6” front to back and fits into tight areas. On the other hand, the hammerdrill fits well in the hand, thanks to its lightweight (3.6 lb.) and compactness (7.8” front to back). In addition, the hammerdrill comes with a high speed transmission that provides two-speed settings (0-2,000/0-600 RPM). The fuel gauge also delivers 33% more capacity over standard packs.
- Two XR Li-Ion batteries;
- DCF886 20V MAX ¼” IMPACT DRIVER;
- DCD795 20V MAX ½” HAMMERDRILL;
- XR Li-Ion batteries with fuel gauge that deliver 33% more capacity;
- Brushless motor from Dewalt that provides up to 57% more run time;
- Both the hammerdrill and impact driver come with LED lights to illuminate the working area;
- Both the hammerdrill and impact driver feature a compact design that fits into tight working areas; and
- The hammerdrill has a high speed transmission that provides two-speed range (0-2,000/0-600)
The Makita 18v is well-known driver-drill used by many people, thanks to its versatile features that makes it suitable for its intended use. An interesting feature is that the 18V LXT Lithium 3.0 Ah battery BL1830 can be charged fully within a period of thirty minutes. The rapid optimum charger optimizes the battery life by properly controlling temperature, voltage and current, hence communicating with the battery’s built-in chip throughout the charging process. With the battery included, this product weighs only 2.8 lbs. It has a four-pole motor that delivers 1,420 in. lbs. It comes with an impact driver with variable speeds of 0-3,200 IPM and 0-2,300 RPM. In addition, it has a variable 2-speed ½” driver-drill (0-1,500 and 0-400 RPM).
- Comes with a built-in fan that cools the battery which helps to prolong the durability and deliver more efficient work;
- It is featured with a star protection computer controls to give protection against over-heating, over-discharging and overloading;
- Faster charging since the 18V LXT Lithium 3.0 Ah battery charges fully in less than thirty minutes;
- Variable speed Impact Driver of 0-3,200 IPM and 0-2,300 RPM that delivers 1,420 in. lbs. of max torque;
- Variable 2-speed ½” driver-drill that delivers 480 in. lbs. of max torque; and
- A kit with free battery.
From the above product review, you can easily tell that the two products have some similarities and differences which makes them unique in regards to their specific tasks. Each product also comes with its pros and cons. For example, the Makita 18v comes with perfect ergonomics that fits perfectly well in your hand, perfect trigger control and great tool-belt clip, which are all pros. On the other hand, the Dewalt20v also comes with its pros and cons. All in all, the most important thing is that you should be able to determine the best product that perfectly fits into your contracting needs.